¿What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file to be downloaded on your device to access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information on the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the information it contains and the way of using their device, may use this to recognise the user.
By browsing bizkaia.eus, you will be giving your consent to the use of the cookies contained in this section.
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: these allow the person to browse the website, platform or app and to use the different options or services contained therein, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, recording the elements that make up an order, processing the purchase of an order, processing the registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for broadcasting videos or audios, and sharing content through social media.
- Personalised cookies: these allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics which are predefined according to a series of criteria on the user’s device, such as language , type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the number of users to be quantified and provide the measurement and statistical analysis of the browsing to be performed, with the aim of improving the services available. They may be our own or third party.
Duration of cookies
- Session cookies: collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information which is only kept while providing a service requested just once (for example: a list of products in a shopping basket).
- Persistent cookies: data is stored on a device and may be accessed and used for a certain period as defined by the person responsible for the cookie. This may vary from a few minutes to up to several years.
Types of cookies according to the manager
Depending on who manages the device or domain from which the cookies are sent and the processing of the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
- Own cookies: These are managed by the Provincial Council of Biscay.
- Third-party cookies: These are managed by another entity which processes the data obtained through cookies.
¿How can you deactivate or eliminate cookies?
It is possible to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your device according to the configuration of browsing options installed on your computer. For more information, we recommend checking the configuration options on your web browser.
Deactivating or eliminating cookies may result in certain functions of bizkaia.eus ceasing to work correctly.
Cookies at Bizkaia.eus
Details of the type of cookies used on bizkaia.eus, according to their purpose are as follows:
Authenticate users, avoid the fraudulent use of credentials to start a session and protect user data from unauthorised third parties.
Without these cookies, the website may not function properly.
Define preferred language for browsing.
Without these cookies, the user experience will be less functional, but should not affect its operation.
Gather information on the way it interacts with the website. The aim is to improve the browser experience of users.
Without these cookies, the website will continue to operate.